Kikk-ing It Up Guanaco Style: Lime Teriyaki Carne Deshilachada y Arroz Recipe! #KikkomanSabor

Share Here:

Kikkoman-06

Latin Cookin’ with an Asian Kikk!
Kikkoman sauces that is!

Well, as many of you know, Hubby and I absolutely love cooking and when thinking of a perfect marriage of a traditional Salvadorian dish that I grew up with, along with the flavors of the East–I thought BEEF!

It kind of made me chuckle because, well, Hubby is Asian and I am Salvadorian and we go together perfectly!

Anyway, I decided to make one of my favorite dishes my Mami used to make (and one that I occasionally sneak over for till this day), Carne Deshilachada con arroz y enselada fresca! That’s Shredded Beef with Spanish Rice and Garden Salad.

But, to give it an Asian flair, I used Kikkoman sauces and transformed it into Lime Teriyaki Carne Deshilachada con arroz y ensalada. The delicious Kikkoman Ponzu Lime Sauce and the Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce. If you are unfamiliar with Kikkoman, you are totally missing out, they have quite a few sauces and marinades and chances are, you have definitely used their soy sauce!

You can check out Kikkoman to see all their products and to check out other delicious recipes you can make with their yummy sauces, here.

Get-Started

Kikkoman-01

Things You Will Need:

• Beef Chuck Roast or Beef Shoulder
  • Beef Broth
  • Your Favorite Dry Rub Marinade
  • Spanish Rice
  • Fresh Veggies for Garden Salad
  • 1/3 of Kikkoman Ponzu Lime Sauce
  • 1 bottle of  Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
  • Bay Leaves (Optional)
  • Pot for Boiling, Pan for Frying or Slow Cooker (Your Choice)

Kikkoman-02

My Dry Rub:
You Will Need:
  • Spanish Paprika
  • Chipotle
  • Thyme
  • Sea Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder

Kikkoman-03

Rub It Down!

Take your favorite dry rub and give your beef a little love, make sure you spread the rub thoroughly and massage into the meat. Make sure that every little inch is covered, don’t forget the bottom, sides–all around! Top your chuck roast with bay leaves for extra flavor and grab that Kikkoman Ponzu Sauce!

Kikkoman-04

Grab That Kikkoman Ponzu Lime!

This is where you can decide how you want to cook your beef. There’s quite a few choices that will result in the same delicious outcome! You can either use a pot where you can boil the beef chuck roast in either water or beef broth, this makes for shorter cooking time.

Or you can use a pan to fry it, though I find this way makes the meat less tender than the latter. But, if you are in no rush, you can use a slow cooker for mouth watering results! But, to keep it under 60 minute cook-time, I suggest you boil it!

Kikkoman-05

Let It Sink In!

I poured about 1/3 of the Kikkoman Ponzu Lime Sauce bottle and poured it all over the chuck roast. I let it sit for about 5 minutes so it can soak up the flavor of the sauce. It really gets the juices going. After letting it sink in, I added pre-made beef broth to my cooker and let it simmer to perfection.

If you are boiling it, you do the exact same thing. Dry rub, add Kikkoman Ponzu Lime Sauce, soak and then add broth or water and simmer to perfection! In between boiling, you can cut the chuck roast in large pieces for faster cooking.

Once the beef chuck roast is cooked to your preference, remove beef with a pair of tongs from the broth. Use two forks and begin to shred and separate beef. It should be super tender and break apart easily.

Remove about 3 parts of the broth and set aside, leave the remaining broth and add your shredded beef to it. Use tongs to mix it until the broth is completely covering the beef. Add the entire bottle of Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce–mix well and you’re done!

Kikkoman-08

Enjoy and Serve!

The result is sweet and tangy shredded beef!

I served it with my favorite Latin side dishes, like our staple rice and salad. Este es un plato que todos en mi familia puede disfrutar. Ya que tenemos tanto de Asia y América en la sangre, que es perfecto para nuestro hogar!

Kikkoman-07

Change It Up!

It turned out super delicious and it got gobbled up, I even brought some over for my dad. It’s one of his most favorite dishes that his mom used to make for him too and I knew I had to have him try it because he would be honest!

And he loved it!

He said it’s perfectly sweet, tangy and salty! Different yet deliciously satisfying and if I say so myself, it’s pretty darn good!

High res logo

PRINT RECIPE

If you want to know more or connect with Kikkoman, be sure to “like” them over at Kikkoman Kitchen on FB and @KikkomanKitchen on Twitter! Always posting new updates and inspiring recipes! You can find my recipe on Kikkoman’s website, here.

What are your favorite ethnic dishes and do you ever combine the best of two different worlds?

Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!

nancy-siggy

Note: This post is in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Kikkoman. Please see Whispered Inspirations terms.

Enhanced by Zemanta
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someoneDigg this

About

Nancy Polanco is author and editor of Whispered Inspirations. A doting mom to two girls and a very proud wife. She is a freelance multimedia Journalist that is passionate about all things media. She enjoys writing product and service reviews and offering giveaways. She loves sharing recipes, tips and tutorials about travel, fashion and beauty and much more.

Comments

1. oh, does that ever look yummy. I am not very adventurous in my cooking, but I think hubby would love that!
    My recent post Disney's "Super Buddies"

2. Oh Nancy this looks and sounds DELISH!!!
    When going with ethnic meals, our go to is Indian food. YUM.
    or calling up for chinese takeout ;)
    My recent post #wordlesswednesday – Orangie's Lunch..w Linky!

3. shannon says:

This looks absolutely fabulous! I have not seen the Lime Kikkoman, will be on the look out now.

4. I usually don't mix ethnic recipes but this sounds like a great idea!
    My recent post Foods to Avoid During Pregnancy

5. Kathleen Garber says:

That looks yummy! I know some Spanish so knew what almost all the words in the dish was except Deshilachada. Now I know it's shredded but I think it's funny that it looks almost like delicious! Perfect.
    My recent post Food Network’s Chopped All-Stars is Back! #Chopped

6. nugglemama says:

Oh this looks so good!
    My recent post Twinkle Toes Wrinkled!

7. Lee Pearson says:

I've seen these products in the grocery store, but never knew what to do with them. This recipe looks absolutely amazing! And now I know what to do with these sauces.Thank you so much. I'm going to get them the next time I go to the store. The picture makes me want to lick my laptop screen!

8. Amy Heffernan says:

Looks very yummy! My fav sauce.

9. Tricia Cooper says:

I've never heard of Kikkoman Ponzu Lime Sauce. Your recipe looks easy to follow and the presentation is really nice!

10. It looks really good. I love ponzu and didn't know kikkoman made one.

11. productjunki says:

looks great! nice presentation! had no clue what ponzu was before now so thank you!!

12. caryn s says:

This recipe looks yummy but my kids are allergic to paprika is there another spice i could use in its place? As i would love to try this recipe for supper sometime.

13. as a vegetarian i would have to replace the beef with mushrooms

14. This looks awesome, I'm always looking for new beef recipes! Into my recipe folder this goes!

15. We don't usually eat ethnic dishes but this does look good, may have to be brave and try it

16. Heidi C. says:

Wow – what a yummy-looking transformation! So delish! I love the use of Ponzu sauce. I had heard about it on Food Network shows but wasn’t exactly sure what it is or how to use it. Now, I do!

17. Doris Calvert says:

My mouth is watering! Kikkoman teriyaki is the best and this looks great.

18. Great pictures! This recipe looks awesome

19. looks great. thanks

20. I love anything teriyaki! This looks so good. Definitely need to give it a try one of these nights!

21. I really want to try that Kikkoman Ponzu Lime Sauce. This recipe looks yummy!

22. That recipe looks absolutely amazing! I have printed it off and am going to try it this week! Thank you!

23. stephy905 says:

Yummy! That looks and sounds extremely delicious.

24. Viv Sluys says:

Yum…salivating here…
    Where do you buy the lime sauce? I'll have to check Superstore for it on my next shopping trip and then this is going on my meal plan for next month! Can't wait!

25. Shirley says:

I didn't know they have ponzu sauce!

26. looks really good. nice that it only requires very simple ingredients – and the end product likely tastes so much more complex and yummy. thanks for the translation – i would never even attempt to try to pronounce the proper name! :)

27. Sylvie Carpentier says:

Oh look so good !

28. Now I have to go get a slow cooker because I want to follow that exactly!

29. Bcteagirl says:

Mmm lovely! I would be tempted to serve it with chickpeas!

30. Lindsay Cyr says:

Wow, this looks so good, I'm definitely "pinning" this one to try out for myself sometime soon! Thanks!

31. sarah sar says:

That looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe. We swear by Kikkoman in our house so this is something I'd be willing to try!

32. francine says:

looks good. i would omit the onion powder but other than that looks great lol

33. I love teriyaki sauce!

Trackbacks

1. […] Soy Sauce. And Nancy used Kikkoman’s Teriyaki and Ponzu sauces to create Lime Teriyaki Carne Deschilada y Arroz. These three lucky ladies were hand picked by Chef Helen Roberts and have won get an all expenses […]

2. […] and her Carne Deshilachada proved to be so tasty and melt-in-your-mouth […]

3. […] The pressure was on (not really, they were totally easy going) and winners, Mayra from Estilo Familiar, Sandra from Mama Noticias and myself had to duplicate our winning dishes!  The dishes were Sushi Caribeño with Kikkoman Soy Sauce–a vegetarian sushi rolled in amarillito frito. Sandra made Tacos en Lechuga, using turkey meat and Kikkoman’s Soy Sauce. And I used Kikkoman’s Teriyaki and Ponzu sauces to create Lime Teriyaki Carne Deschilada y Arroz. […]

4. […] Lime Teriyaki Carne Deshilachada Arroz […]

5. […] Spanish rice and salad and you are good to go. You can check it out in my Foodie collection and here. This recipe is also found on the Kikkoman USA […]

6. […] is my  Carne Deshilashada, it’s a traditional meat that you can find in many Central American homes. It is a […]