Wen Hair Care by Chaz Dean.
If you’re like me, a night owl, you’ll have watched a Wen Hair Care infomercial at least once in your lifetime. Even if you aren’t a night owl, you most likely have heard all about the hype about it. I know I did because a lot of celebrities swear by it and the fact that it is created by a celebrity stylist made me want to try it out.
I am not a big fan of using a lot of chemicals, with that said, there are some that are definitely unavoidable but, the less products that I have to use to get my hair healthy–the better. That is the promise of Wen. It is supposed to replace shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler and leave-in conditioner – giving you five products in one bottle. I just had to put it to the test and when I had the chance to, I jumped at it.
Sweet Almond Mint.
The consistency of Wen is that of a thick and luscious conditioner, it smells predominantly of mint with a hint of sweetness. I have absolutely loved using mint shampoos in the past, it makes your scalp feel invigorated. In fact, I used one in Costa Rica and it was amazing. Wen reminded me of it. The difference of course, is that Wen cleansers are made with natural ingredients and contain no sodium laurel sulfate or other damaging detergents. They don’t lather or make lots of bubbles like other shampoos, instead they create smooth foam when mixed with water for shinier, healthier-looking, more manageable results.
What do the ingredients do to your hair?
Chamomile Extract – designed to calm damaged ends and boost shine.
Cherry Bark – formulated to bring out color, shine and softness.
Rosemary Extract – designed to condition and strengthen hair.
Sweet Almond Oil – designed to condition hair and scalp.
Panthenol – designed to plump the hair shaft.
Glycerin – formulated to promote healthy moisture.
Easy to Use.
My experience using Wen has been enjoyable. I’ve used it fairly regularly since I received it. I wanted to give it a fair shake because I really wanted to see how I liked it, how it felt and what the results were. Since Wen does not have any sodium laurel/laurel sulfates, it does not strip your hair of color or natural oils. This means, color will stay vibrant longer and you won’t be damaging your hair or scalp. Count me in!
How to Use Wen:
- When you get into the shower, you need to make sure that you rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water. I massaged my crown and scalp or anywhere I knew there would be an accumulation of product. I spent a good 5 mins rinsing and massaging.
- Once your hair is fully wet and rinsed. Take about 6-8 pumps of the Wen Conditioning cleanser and work it through your hair. You can twist and smooth through your hair. I did it in sections, I started at the crown and then the sides and the worked down the shaft of the hair and down to the tips. I made sure that my hair was fully saturated with Wen. To my surprise, I was able to run my fingers through the my hair. That NEVER happens since my hair gets incredibly tangled when it is wet. Just ask my hair stylist!
- With a hair tie or pin, gather your hair up into a bun or twist and secure it. Then all you have to do is continue the rest of your shower and routine and keep product in hair as long as possible. I keep it in for about 35 minutes and then I remove the tie and massage my entire scalp again before rinsing.
- Rinse thoroughly. You will be able to feel if Wen is still in your hair and the water will run clear once it is out of your hair. I spent a good amount of time rinsing and then called it a day. It was easy peasy!
- Spray your mid-shaft with the Wen Replenishing spray and work towards ends.
- Style as you normally would or do the next step below!
Anti-Frizz Styling Cream.
I finished off my Wen routine with a coin-sized dollop of the Anti-Frizz Styling cream and added to the shaft of the hair and tips. You leave this in. I just towel dried my hair and added this. After that, I let it air dry and styled it with my DAFNI to get perfectly, straight, thick and voluminous hair. It isn’t heavy and it helped with frizz after I had styled it.
Intensive Hair Treatment.
Once a week you can use Wen Sweet Almond Mint Re Moist Intensive Hair treatment. Re Moist saturates your hair with highly concentrated moisturizing botanical extracts and envelopes it in an invisible veil of nutrients. Use the mask for your stressed-out strands, and you can notice hair that looks and feels softer, moisturized and more manageable.
I noticed a difference when I did this once a week, all you do is cleanse your hair with the cleansing conditioner and apply it to your hair. Leave in for 30 minutes and then rinse well! Boom, you have a deep treatment!
My Final Thoughts.
I love how my hair feels after using Wen. I’ll be honest in addressing some of my own reservations I had before using it. Like, will my hair stink because it doesn’t lather? The answer is no. While you will not have highly perfumed hair like from scents from other shampoos, I waited about a week to test it out. It wasn’t oily or stinky. That to me is a plus. I’ve used many a shampoo and the ones that are natural tend to not have a very long life and you can get ripe quickly. The sweet almond and mint is an enjoyable scent to me and like I mentioned before, I love the feel of mint!
My hair has volume, it’s shiny and it doesn’t feel weighed down. I have to say that I am convinced and have thoroughly enjoyed my Wen experience. I am a Wen girl now, I think it will be hard to give up and go back to regular shampoo now. I also styled my hair and straightened it with the DAFNI, it doesn’t damage your hair and I think they both work so well together.
Get the Kit.
You can purchase the Wen by Chaz Dean, Sweet Almond Mint Kit at Showcase for $69.99. It comes with everything you need to get started and just enough for you to fall in love with it like I did. I think the price is right on point since I know I’ve spent much more on salon shampoos in the past, only to end up uninspired. Give the gift of pampering this year with this kit!
2 x Cleansing Conditioners (16 oz.)
1 x Re-Moist Intensive Hair Treatment (2 oz.)
1 x Anti-Frizz Styling Creme (2 oz.)
1 x Replenishing Treatment Mist (2 oz.)
For more information, you can head on over to Showcase and you can connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram , YouTube and Pinterest. Wen is one of my TOP picks for gifts for 2015. If you want to read about what I thought about the DAFNI, take a gander, here.
Have you ever tried Wen Hair Care products?
Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!