Search for Goodness!
Seeking goodness in this world can often be a difficult task. Almost always, the not-so-good things are what make headlines and the really great and amazing things often fall by the wayside.
Post is looking to change that and for the fourth year in a row, they’re searching for goodness on SearchForGoodness.com. They’re asking Canadians to nominate someone who is deserving.
Post hasn’t lost hope in the good things that happen in the world and they truly believe that there is genuine goodness in us all. They think that it is something to be celebrated and I happen to agree with them.
- In 2013, Post recognized Greg Epp from Saskatoon, SK for his selfless commitment to maintaining his community hockey rink and making it accessible to all.
- In 2014, sisters Julia and Emma Mogus from Oakville, ON were selected for their efforts to help youth in remote communities in Northern Ontario by donating books.
- In 2015, Pam Huson from Beamsville, ON was recognized for her work as founder of Beamsville4PawRescue, an organization that rescues animals in need. Since the launch of the pet rescue in 1997, Pam and her team of volunteers have found homes for almost 3,000 animals.
Time to Nominate!
I think we all know someone who goes above and beyond in our community. Someone who sees a need and fills it or never hesitates to be there when help is needed. If you know someone, you can nominate them and they have the chance to win $10,000 to help spread even more goodness within their community. That’s a nice chunk of change for more good!
You can nominate one individual or a team of up to 3 awesome people who are making a difference. In the case that a team wins the Search for Goodness contest, they will divvy up the prize evenly! It’s only fair to share, right? Just make sure to get your nominations in by July 25th, 2016!
Each day anyone can head over to SearchForGoodness.com to vote for their favourite nominees! Voting is live until July 31, 2016. So, put your thinking caps on and nominate that extraordinary person!
How to Nominate!
In August, a shortlist of 10 finalists will be announced for the world to see! From there, a panel of judges from Post will choose the winning story in late August. Then this year’s Search for Goodness winner will be announced!
First thing is first, you already thought about who you were going to nominate or perhaps, you’ve been waiting for a chance like this to nominate a person who quickly comes to mind. Here’s your chance!
- Visit www.searchforgoodness.com.
- Log in with Facebook or your email.
- Upload a photo of your nominee.
- Tell us why this person is a genuinely good person in no more than 150 words.
- Once you have nominated someone, you can vote for their story to help them make it into the top 10 finalists.
- Each day you can vote for as many individual stories as you like; however, you can only vote for each story once per day. Full contest rules are available at SearchforGoodness.com
Celebrate the Good Things!
I know that there are a few teachers that I would love to nominate for this. Not only for being amazing teachers and being there for their students but, for helping our community by organizing collections for food and cereal for our lower-income schools in our city. Not to mention, organizing gathering of supplies and welcoming refugees into our community.
Ready to WIN?
To celebrate the Search for Goodness, one lucky Whispered Inspirations reader will win this Post Foods Breakfast Prize Pack! It includes bowls, cutlery and of course, delicious Post cereals. This contest opens on June 1st, 2016 and ends on June 16th, 2016 and is open to CANADA.
To apply for the giveaway, let me know who you would nominate below. Now that you already have someone in mind, make sure to nominate them at searchforgoodness.com!
So head on over to SearchForGoodness.com and nominate the person or people who are making a difference and affecting other’s lives for the better. Let’s give them the recognition they deserve!
Who would you nominate and why?
Let me know til then–cheers m’deres!