Dads Who Play Barbie Challenge!
In life, there are a few things that are guaranteed to put a smile on your face no matter what. If you ask me what makes me smile, my answer is always my family. But, one thing that gives me all the feels is when I see those special moments between my daughters and their dad.
As a mom and wife, I consider myself lucky for having a loving and caring man and positive father figure in the lives of our Gabs and Mimi. Not only does he help with homework and projects, prepares delicious meals, helps keep the house nice and clean and so much more.
While these are things that most parents do on the daily, it’s those moments where they sit down to create something, read a book, play silly games, learn something new together or play with Barbies. All of these things are fundamental in the positive growth in kids. Creative play can help a child in so many different areas in their lives.
Barbie recognizes the importance of this dad and daughter dynamic and they’ve launched the Dads Who Play Barbie Challenge. Barbie is calling for all dads and daughters to create a short video of what they love to do together. Whether they bring out the canvases and create a piece of art, play their favourite sport together, get in the kitchen to cook a favourite recipe or yes, even a dad and daughter Barbie playing session!
Whether they bring out the canvases and create a piece of art, play their favourite sport together, get in the kitchen to cook a favourite recipe or yes, even a dad and daughter Barbie playing session!
Feel free to let your imagination run wild and Mom can even get in on the fun as the videographer behind the scenes capturing that magic! The top four finalists’ videos will be shortlisted and placed on the Barbie YouTube Page, and Barbie fans everywhere can vote on their favourites!
How Do I Enter?
Submit a homemade vid of dad and daughter playing together. Need a little inspiration for your submission? Try careers, cooking, sports, fashion, and even make-believe!
What Are the Prizes?
- Top 40 First Prize Video Winners will each receive a Barbie doll and $250!
- Top 4 Finalists (out of 40 First Prize Video Winners) will also receive a Barbie Dreamhouse!
- 1 Grand Prize Winner (out of 40 First Prize Video Winners) will receive $25,000 to invest in your child’s future and a trip to Mattel headquarters in Los Angeles where your child can be a Barbie designer!
- All teams of Dads & Daughters who submit videos will have the opportunity for a chance to win fabulous prizes!
How Do I Submit?
- Record your vid using a smartphone, tablet, or another kind of camera that records video.
- Parents must read through and agree to the “Official Rules”.
- Submit it on Tongal.com/BarbieDads!
How Long Do I Have to Submit?
- March 17-27: This is the time period you have to get your submission in!
- April 13: Top 4 submissions will be chosen.
- April 14-21: This is the time where Barbie fans will vote for their top choice!
- April 26: When the Grand Prize winner is announced!
This contest is only open to residents of the United States, United Kingdom, Canada (excluding Quebec), Australia, Mexico, Germany, or France to be eligible for this contest. Your submission can be in English, Spanish, German, or French and should not exceed two (2) minutes in length. See the full rules and regulations on their website.
Ready to Play?
Now’s your chance to let the world see that magic and those special moments that truly put a smile on your face. You never know, it just may be the one to win the $25,000 Grand Prize! Regardless, it’s a great way to capture those moments to treasure forever. Also, I have to say, there really isn’t anything better than to see a Dad playing with Barbies, right? I can’t wait to see your submissions and I am rooting for one of you to take that prize!
Regardless, it’s a great way to capture those moments to treasure forever. Also, I have to say, there really isn’t anything better than to see a Dad playing with Barbies, right? I can’t wait to see your submissions and I am rooting for one of you to take that prize!
For further details and to submit your special dad and daughter moments, head over to Barbie’s website.
Do you have a dad in your life that plays with Barbies?
Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!