#ClearAmerican Apple-Peach Caramel Explosion Cupcakes!
Author: Nancy at Whispered Inspirations
Recipe type: Dessert, Treat, Sweets
This is a refreshing cupcake recipe that substitutes ingredients with Clear American Water and makes it delicious and light.
- What You Will Need:
- 1¼ cups of organic flour
- 1 TBSP of baking powder
- 1 TBSP of organic cinnamon
- 3 organic egg whites
- ¾ cups of Clear American Water in Golden Peach
- ½ cup of organic brown sugar
- ½ cups of chewy caramel candies
- light margarine or butter (organic optional)
- organic apples
- Caramel Drizzle:
- ½ cup of chewy caramel candies
- 1 TBSP of organic butter/margarine
- Directions for Icing: Add the melted butter and cream cheese into a mixing bowl. With a blender begin to blend and slowly add the powdered sugar, blend until it is creamy and to the texture that you prefer. Make sure you use it immediately, if not--wrap it up and place it in the fridge.
- Directions For the Caramel Drizzle: Microwave the candies and margarine for about 1 minute on medium heat. Stir until smooth and place aside, if it hardens place in the oven for another 30 seconds.
- Directions for Cupcakes:
- Wash and peel about 2 of your favorite type of apples. Once peeled, cut them into quarters and then cut those quarters in half. I chose organic Gala Apples because I love how crispy and juicy they are. Some prefer to use a more tart apple in their recipes but, I like naturally sweet so I opt for this variety.
- Get a measuring cup and measure about ½ cup of Clear American Water in Golden Peach. Add it to a cooking pot and add 2 TBSP of organic butter or margarine. Add the 1 TBSP of cinnamon and stir until it is melted. Once it is simmering, add the apple slices and switch your oven to low heat, cover and let simmer until apples are soft.
- Add a TSP of organic brown sugar and stir into the Clear American-Golden Peach infused apple mix, shut off heat and cover. Once cooled, drain apples and collect the Golden Peach-infused mix into a measuring cup. Do NOT throw it out. Set apples aside to cool.
- Once you've collected the Clear American Golden-Peach infused mix from the pot, add more Clear American water to make about ½ cup of mix, if needed. This is replacing the milk in the recipe and cutting calories too!
- If you haven't already, mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. The flour, baking powder, cinnamon and brown sugar. This is where you add the 3 egg whites and the Clear American Peach-infused mix and vanilla extract, blend until creamy.
- Go back to the cooked apples you have set aside and dice them to your preferred size. Pick out your most Thanksgiving inspired baking cups and get ready to POUR!
- Once you've evenly poured the batter into the baking cups, go back to the caramel you have set aside and spoon the caramel on top of the cupcakes. Place baking tray in the center of the middle tray in your oven for about 15 minutes. The time may vary depending on your oven, so until golden brown. Test if they are ready by poking them with a tooth pick. If it comes out clean, they are ready!
- Top with your cream cheese frosting and decorate them with your favorite treats. I chose fall colored sprinkles for a very simple decor. I also left some cupcakes without frosting for a less sweet option.
- Last Step: Enjoy!
Makes about 12 to 15 cupcakes. For recipes and more, visit http://whisperedinspirations.com