Earth's Own Almond Fresh: An Almost Organic, Super Moist Vanilla Banana Bread Recipe!
Author: Whispered Inspirations
Recipe type: Dessert, Treat
This is a delicious, moist and nutty twist to the traditional banana bread.
- ⅓ cup of Vanilla Earth's Own Almond Fresh Milk
- 3 or 4 ripe organic bananas
- 2 free-range eggs
- ¾ cups of whole wheat flour or almond flour
- ½ cup of Truvia or your favorite Stevia or sweetener
- ½ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- Non-fat cooking spray or your favorite butter or margarine
- slivered almonds for topping (optional)
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 plate and fork
- 1 loaf pan (I used Pyrex)
- Mix the Dry First!
- Take the flour, baking powder and stevia and place it in the large mixing bowl and begin to mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are combined fully. Set aside and move onto the next step!
- Take your two eggs and break them into the small mixing bowl, whip them lightly and put them aside. Get out your plate and fork!
- On a separate bowl, begin to squash your bananas with a fork. Squash them to your liking, if you want your bread with chunkier banana or to completely be absorbed--it's your choice! I kept mine a bit chunkier because my family loves it that way!
- Pour your ⅓ cup of Almond Fresh, I chose Vanilla but, you can use their unsweetened or for a tropical twist, their new Coconut Almond Milk!
- Add mashed banana and almond milk to your dry mix.
- Add the oil, vanilla and egg mixture into the batter and begin folding until the batter is completely mixed. I usually do this by hand and it turns out great!
- Coat your loaf pan with butter, margarine or spray so that it doesn't stick. Pour in the finished batter and place the loaf in the middle of the oven tray. Set oven at 325 degrees. It should cook for about an hour and until the center is fully cooked and the top is browned. You can test it by poking the center with a toothpick. To add the slivered almonds, wait until the loaf is nearly cooked. I also added a line of fresh bananas at this time to decorate the loaf.
- Wait until loaf is completely cooled before your remove it or cut into it, once cooled--take a slice and pair it with a cup of delicious almond milk. That's what I did and it was unbelievably delicious.