Healthy #Organic, Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes!
Author: Nancy at Whispered Inspirations
Recipe type: Dessert, Treat
This is a gluten-free, sugar-free and almost dairy-free! They are simply delicious and you can definitely bet the kids will love them!
- 2 cups of cooked unsalted Black Beans
- 1 TSP Aluminum-Free Baking Soda
- ½ TSP of Baking Powder
- 1 TBSP Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 5 organic eggs
- 2 TBSP of organic honey
- ¼ of Stevia
- 6 TBSP of organic unsalted butter
- Cupcake liners
- WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR ORGANIC FROSTING:
- 1 TSP of Organic Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup of Organic Almond Milk or Soy Milk or Coconut Milk
- 3 TBSP of Stevia
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 7 TBSP of unsalted butter
- Your favorite piping tip and bag
- Step 1: Blend Those Beans!
- Drain beans and add to a blender, add 3 organic eggs, 1 TSP of organic vanilla extract and Stevia. Blend until there is absolutely no lumps. Add the bean mixture to a large mixing bowl and then mix in ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, aluminum free baking soda and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- Step 2: Mix in the Creaminess!
- Take the organic unsalted butter and the 2 TBSP of honey (I used creamed honey but, you can use any kind) and begin mashing or whisking until smooth. For best results, soften butter slightly then combine with honey. In a separate bowl whisk the remaining 2 eggs and add both butter and egg mixture to the large mixing bowl with your "batter". You should end up with a delicious smelling chocolate batter.
- Step 3: Scoop That Chocolate Love In!
- With a spoon, begin to scoop in batter into the cupcake cups. Normally I pour the batter in but, this batter is much thicker than most regular batters. Fill them generously but, be sure to leave a bit of space since it does rise slightly. Bake for roughly 13-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Time may vary depending on oven. Pole with a toothpick to check.
- Step 4: Let Cool. Sit Overnight.
- Set cupcakes aside and let cool. After, cover with a plastic top or plastic container and let them sit over night. I find this works wonders and makes them taste less beany, it also makes them a lot more moist.
- Piping comes tomorrow!
- Directions for ORGANIC FROSTING:
- Soften butter, add TSP of organic vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Add cocoa and Almond Milk gradually while mixing. That way it is always smooth and not clumpy. Add Stevia and mix until smooth. You may not use all of the milk until you've reached your desired consistency. I prefer to keep my frosting on the thicker side that way I can pipe with it much easier.
- Pipe to your hearts content!
- I chose a very simple technique but, go all out if you'd like!
Depends on size of cupcakes but, usually makes 2 dozen. To make these cupcakes dairy-free or vegan, use flax eggs instead of eggs or olive or coconut oil instead of butter. For recipes and more, visit http://whisperedinspirations.com