Organic Summer Blueberry Crumble Pie Recipe!
An organic version of the summer classic treat, Blueberry Pie
- 2 cups of local hand-picked blueberries (if not in season, you can opt for frozen)
- 1 9- inch prepared organic pie shell or your favorite pie shell homemade recipe I used Wholly Wholesome
- 3 cups of organic brown sugar 2 for filling, 1 for crumble topping
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla
- 1 tbsp of Aluminium-free baking powder
- 2 cups of organic all-purpose flour 1 for blueberry filling, the other for crumble topping
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 bar of organic butter this is used for crumble topping and filling
- 1 tsp. of organic lemon juice
- 2 mixing bowls 1 for filling, the other for crumble topping
- Step 1: Pick, Wash and De-Stem! After you've visited your local blueberry farm, take the 2 cups of fresh blueberries and wash throughly and make sure that none of those delicious berries have any stems on them. This is the perfect job for little helping hands if you got them on the ready!
- Step 2: Prepare Your Filling! In your mixing bowl, add 2 cups of organic brown sugar, 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. of cinnamon and 1 tbsp. of aluminum-free baking powder. Before you add your 1 tsp. of vanilla and 1 tsp. lemon, grab your berries!
- Step 3: Fold Those Berries In! With a soft spatula, start mixing in all of your berries. Be gentle so that you don't burst any of the berries, if you do, it's not a big deal! But, your mixture should look like the picture on the right side. Once it's mixed like that, you add the 1 tsp. of lemon and vanilla each. Mix it again and now you're ready for the next step!
- Step 4: Fill the Pie! Add your mixture into your pie-shell, if you made your own be sure to crinkle the sides before adding mixture. I preferred to scoop it in, that way it was more even.
- Step 5: Prepare the Butter! Pictured above is a half stick of butter, I took the full stick and cut it directly down the center. I then cut the half in half and then into quarters. You take the quarters and the four of them evenly onto the pie filling.
- Step 6: Make the Crumble! The next step is super easy, in a separate bowl, you take about 4 tbsp. of butter and put in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds to melt. After the butter is melted, you add 1 cup of organic brown sugar and 1 cup of organic all-purpose flour into the butter. With a spatula you begin to fold it in and instead of mixing it, you kind of chop it up to make it a crumble. If you prefer, you can easily use a food processor and have your dry mixture in the container and while it is stirring, add the butter to it. This way is much faster but, for such a little bit of crumble, I didn't want the mess.
- Step 7: Top It with a Little Love! Top your pie with the crumble, nice and even. You can add as little or as much as you'd like. I had some extra crumble after heavily topping my pie so, I added two hearts for my lovely girls who picked the berries with their little fingers.
- Step 8: Bake this Blueberry Beauty! After you've topped your pie, you can place it in the center of the top rack. Bake for about 35 minutes or until top is golden brown, baking time will vary depending on your oven. But, once it's nice and golden brown, it's ready!
- Step 9: Cool, Set, ENJOY! After you've taken the pie out, make sure to let it cool so that the filling sets. After that, all you have to do is SERVE and ENJOY!
For recipes and more, visit https://whisperedinspirations.com