How To Make Starbucks Caffe Latte
Café Latte is the second most popular drink at Starbucks. Every day; hundreds of coffee enthusiasts stop by a Starbucks outpost to grab a cup or two.
So, if you’re a Starbucks latte fan and love to recreate a Caffe latte recipe at home, this post is for you. Down below is a complete guide on how to make the signature Starbucks Café Latte by yourself.
What to Know Before Making the Starbucks Café Latte
- The Starbucks Café Latte is a hot coffee drink. Its chief ingredients are espresso and steamed milk with a light frothy layer. The drink can’t be made with brewed coffee from a drip machine.
- Having subtle flavor and a rich milky taste, a latte can be easily made at home using an electric espresso machine and an electric milk frother.
- Lattes are free of added sugar but if you love it sweet, you can add your syrup.
- The espresso used for Starbucks Café Latte is their signature dark roast espresso.
- This recipe is a copycat of the Starbucks for a single serving.
What You Will Need
- 1 ounce of espresso (preferably the Starbucks dark roast espresso)
- 1 cup of whole milk (feel free to substitute it with any form of milk)
- Electric Milk Frother or Steam Wand
- Sweetener (Optional).
Step 1: Make the Espresso and Pour it into a Mug
Prepare your espresso coffee beans by grinding them into a fine powder then brew them in an espresso machine. If you don’t have an espresso machine you can use a stovetop Moka pot or a Nespresso.
Step 2: Pour in Your Sweetener
If you want your latte sweetened, you can add your desired flavor of sweetener into the espresso and stir it thoroughly.
Step 3: Steam and Froth Your Milk
Use an electric milk frother or a steam wand to froth your milk until it forms a thin layer of foam. Starbucks typically uses 2% milk in their latte.
Step 4: Get Your Latte Ready
Gently empty the steamed milk into your prepared espresso while using a spoon to hold back the thin layer of foam.
Step 5: Serve & Enjoy
Top up with a layer of milk foam and enjoy your drink. Don’t forget to keep the foam layer thin else it will turn into a Starbucks Cappuccino.
How about a Starbuck Iced Latte for summer? Check out the recipe below.
What You Will Need
- 30 ml of Espresso (preferably the Starbucks Blonde Espresso)
- 175 ml of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon of the desired flavor
- Ice cubes.
Step 1: Prepare the Espresso
Brew your Starbucks Blonde Espresso roast in an espresso machine or use a stovetop coffee maker.
Step 2: Pour the Espresso into a Glass
Fill a glass with ice cubes and transfer the freshly brewed espresso. The beginning of something mouthwatering!
Step 3: Prepare Your Milk
Mix your semi-skimmed milk or any dairy alternative with a little amount of syrup inside a jug and stir it.
Step 4: Finish up the Latte and Serve
Pour the Milk and syrup mixture into your glass of ice and espresso. Serve and enjoy.
Ready to Make It?
I hope you’d give these easy Starbuck Latte recipes a try. Let me know how it turns out in the comment section. You can also check out this guide if you’d like to make a tasty vanilla cinnamon iced coffee at home.
Have you ever made a Starbucks Caffe Latte?
Let me know, til then—cheers m’deres!
PIN FOR LATER:
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela and partner and best friend to Darasak. Having worked as part of a health care team for almost a decade, Nancy is happy to be back to her passion. She is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.