Make Christmas Rice Krispie Treats!
By now, you’ve probably already finished most of your holiday baking but, if you are looking for something that will keep the kids preoccupied during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day after they’ve exhausted games, movies, and their new gifts!
Have them make some delicious Christmas Rice Krispie treats for the neighbors or even just to eat for themselves after Christmas dinner. Kellogg’s sent us an amazing kit for us to make Christmas treats and the girls have had a blast making them and decorating.
Pictured above is all that you would need to make some amazing Rice Krispie treats ornaments or shapes and Christmas-fy them all! You can get an idea of the things you can make to spread the holiday spirit. To start out, it’s very simple and it literally takes minutes!
Holiday Baking: Jolly Rice Krispies Treats! #MerryChristmas
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package 10 oz., about 40 regular marshmallows
- - OR -
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal I used Vanilla cereal
- 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares or use shapes to make it extra fun. Best if served the same day.
- Decorate to your hearts content and enjoy!
If for some reason you’ve never made these treats and have only enjoyed their deliciousness, here’s how you do it. Takes about 15 minutes total and after they have cooled they are ready to be decorated and served.
Happy Holidays All!
The girls decorated teddy bears and candy canes and we even made a little mouse, which hopefully will be the only thing stirring the night before Christmas.
It’s great fun for big kids who can let out their creative genius and for little fingers who enjoy topping the sprinkles and love the help and sense of accomplishment.
Hope you’re all enjoying early Christmas dinners and parties and hope Rice Krispies treats are a part of them. We always have these treats and they never disappoint. Check out why we always support the Rice Krispies Treats for Toys, here.
Do you make these treats for your holiday parties?
Let me know, til next time—cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist and editor of lifestyle blog Whispered Inspirations. A social media junkie, a travel-lover with insatiable wanderlust and an aficionado for fun gadgets, good eats, and entertainment. You can find her on Instagram and everywhere else under @WhispersInspire.