How to Get What You Really Want in 2018!
I’ve also been thinking of ideas for how to achieve my most important goals this coming year. In the past, I’ve been lucky to achieve a lot of my important goals such as traveling to interesting places like Costa Rica and other amazing places. I hope to do more of these exciting things in 2018. I hope you’ll be able to meet your goals in the year ahead, too.
To be sure of getting what you really want, first, you have to define exactly what it is that you want. Then it’s helpful to make a list of steps you’ll take to accomplish each goal. Let’s take a look at a couple of example list items.
I Want to Be Healthier in 2018
This one’s a biggie for a lot of us. When we’re healthy, we have the freedom to enjoy traveling, hiking with our kids and going out with our friends. When we’re not healthy, feeling sick gets in the way of meeting all our other goals. No matter how healthy you are now, there’s probably some room for improvement. Am I right? So getting healthier in 2018 might be at the top of your list of goals.
Let’s list some steps we can take to get healthier in the coming year:
- Exercise more: More dancing, hiking, swimming, running around with the kids, working out at the gym or whatever it is you like to do to stay in shape.
- Eat better: More vegetables, more fruits, more organic foods and less refined sugar.
- Drink more water and less soda.
- Make sure you have the best health insurance coverage, whether you need singles health insurance, couple’s insurance or family health insurance coverage. Hopefully, you won’t need to file any health insurance claims in 2018 — but it’s better to have good insurance and not need it than to need it and not have it.
I Want to Travel More in 2018
Most of us love to travel — so if this one is high on your list of goals, here are some ideas for how you can travel more in the coming year.
- Decide where you want to go most.
- Figure out how long your ideal trip would be including travel time.
- Get out your calendar and look for openings where you and your travel companions will all have enough time to actually take the trip.
- If there are no such openings, you’ll have to brainstorm ideas for how to make some. Perhaps you could take extra vacation days at work or trade some shifts with a co-worker.
- Find out how much the trip will cost.
- Figure out a way to pay for the trip. Some ideas: Have a yard sale. Work overtime. Bring lunches to work instead of eating out.
- Give your boss advance notice of any vacation days you plan to take.
- Book the trip and get ready to have fun!
- Repeat these steps for each trip you want to take in 2018. Don’t just dream about traveling; take action and make it happen.
What goals do you really want to achieve in the coming year?
Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela. Having worked as part of a health care team for almost a decade, Nancy is happy to be back to her passion. She is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.