Not-So-Dirty Laundry Secrets!
There are few things in life that I really dislike and one of them is doing laundry. The endless battle to make laundry easy never ceases since a growing family makes for a lot of dirty clothes. Apart from being mundane, it can get expensive too.
No matter how hard I have looked high and low or wished upon a star for, I cannot seem to find that elusive laundry fairy.
Luckily, I have helpers who make the load a little less. Mimi sorts her own laundry and helps to load her clothes into the machine. By doing that, she feels accomplished and it’s two fewer things that I have to do. The only task I have left for Mimi’s laundry is to add the Arm & Hammer pak and we’re good to go. Once I do that, she sure loves to press the start button.
Thankfully, since Gabby is now a teenager (crazy, I know) she does her own laundry. Darasak and I do ours together. Sometimes, when dirty loads get out of hand, we do all of our loads together.
While having clean laundry is a necessity, it can be very time-consuming. You have to use elbow grease to spot-treat stains which leaves less time for you to do the things you love. Alas, I accepted Arm & Hammer’s Triple Chamber Challenge and have made laundry easy again the last few months. Read on, for 10 useful and not-so-dirty secrets to make laundry easy!
The girls love to explore the world and exploring is almost always a dirty business. There’s nothing wrong with that as long as you are prepared for dirty clothes. You can save money by using NEW Arm & Hammer™ Plus OxiClean™ 3-IN-1 Power Paks. By simply switching to these, I’m automatically saving a bit of money. At just $0.19 per load versus $0.35 per load for other leading brands, is already a win.
You can save money by using NEW Arm & Hammer™ Plus OxiClean™ 3-IN-1 Power Paks. By simply switching to these, I’m automatically saving a bit of money. At just $0.19 per load versus $0.35 per load for other leading brands, is already a win.
Plus, these paks are the only detergent boosted with the stain-fighting power of OxiClean™ and the freshness of Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda. You all know how much I love OxiClean and if it has the power of all 3– I was definitely willing to give them a go.
I especially love the fact that the formula smells clean and it isn’t overbearing. My youngest is sensitive to scents and this has worked great for our family.
We have spaghetti and meatball night every week. You can bet that every week a meatball or piece of spaghetti hits a shirt or a pair of pants. Stains galore! But, with the power of OxiClean, I don’t fret as much.
- Need something in a hurry? Throw a fluffy dry towel in the dryer with wet clothes to speed up the process.
- Reduce time spent doing laundry by ensuring that you are using a product that will leave your clothes clean and crisp the first time. Arm and Hammer Liquid Laundry detergent removes dirt, odours and leaves clothes feeling refreshed.
- Solve the lost sock mystery by putting dirty socks in a mesh bag before they go in the wash. This will keep pairs together and ensure no socks go MIA!
- Add a tennis ball or aluminium foil to your dryer when you run out of dryer sheets. This helps eliminate static and keeps your clothes fluffy.
- Tired of spills, sticky messes and hauling heavy bottles? Try using a unit dose laundry detergent such as Arm & Hammer plus OxiClean Power Paks to help save you time and eliminate mess. Simply toss in a convenient unit does pak and watch it dissolve quickly and start working within seconds, leaving your clothes clean and fresh.
- Get the kids to help with folding. Have them fold while watching TV or listening to music to make it more entertaining while taking one more thing off your plate!
- Keep a clipboard and pen near the washing machine to jot down tips and reminders. For instance, remind your family about a nasty stain that needs to be pre-treated before washing or call out delicates that should be hung to dry.
- Save money on your energy bill by washing your clothes in cold water when possible and using a cold water specific detergent, such as Arm & Hammer Cold Water Liquid Laundry Detergent. Cold water is not only energy efficient, it can also be gentler on your clothes helping them last longer by reducing fading and shrinkage.
- Tired of sorting dirty clothes? Use dedicated baskets, one for whites, one for colours and one for darks. Simply place your clothes in the correct baskets as you go, instead of having to pick through the basket when you do a load.
- Speed up washing and drying time by selecting the correct settings for each load. Choose a lower water setting when possible and avoid a second rinse cycle. Get the tips, here.
Take the Challenge!
If you want to spend less time scrubbing and more time doing things you enjoy, take the Arm and Hammer Challenge. Visit your local Loblaws store to try the NEW Arm & Hammer™ Plus OxiClean™ 3-IN-1 Unit Dose Paks and see if you can change your outlook on laundry forever.
Simply because laundry shouldn’t steal so much of your time. Using products that work right the first time, helps you in the long-run!
Ready to WIN?
To celebrate new perspective, one lucky Whispered Inspirations reader will WIN a 1-year supply of Arm and Hammer laundry detergent. That can definitely go a long way!
This contest opens on May 2 and ends on May 17. This contest is only open to Canada, excluding QC. Giveaway to be shipped in two parts. The first portion upon receipt of winner’s address, second portion approximately 4 – 6 months later.
It Can Be Easy!
While there may be no laundry fairy to help me fold and put away the laundry, I’d like to imagine a little magic is behind the fresh and clean clothes after using these paks.
If you decide to take the challenge, share your experience using #AHFreshPerspective. Don’t forget to like Arm and Hammer Canada for product news and updates.
How do you make laundry easier?
Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela and partner and best friend to Darasak. Having worked as part of a health care team for almost a decade, Nancy is happy to be back to her passion. She is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.