Note: This post is part of a sponsored campaign on behalf of Latina Bloggers Connect and the makers of ZYRTEC®. All thoughts and opinions are my own and have not been influenced in any way. Please refer to Whispered Inspirations disclosure page.
Say Good-Bye to Your #ALLERGYFACE.
I have always suffered from allergies, I get the incessant sneezing, the red eyes, the nose reminscent to Rudolph, swollen eyes and so much more. Apart from feeling absolutely dreadful, I don’t exactly feel like I look like a million bucks either. It doesn’t help that I live in Ontario (which is far south and right across from Detroit) where surveys report that we have the highest rates of seasonal sufferings.
According to a recent survey by the makers of ZYRTEC®, two-thirds (66 percent) of women with allergies have felt ugly or unattractive because of their ALLERGY FACE™.
I believe it.
The makers of ZYRTEC® have partnered with beauty and fashion expert, Carmen Ordoñez from VivaFashionBlog.com, to help women combat “ALLERGY FACE™” –the beauty challenges like a puffy face, watery eyes and a red nose that are associated with typical allergy symptoms.
Attack It Naturally.
My parents, especially my Dad, suffers from allergies as well and he has always liked to use natural and holistic ways to treat his symptoms. So, naturally, he passed them down to me so that I can make my symptoms better but, my Mom taught me how to minimize the look of allergies and the beauty tips that will help me achieve it.
- Drink lots of water, it works wonders for the skin.
- Do chill compresses, it helps reduce puffiness.
- Wear a pair of fabulous shades, while you are out and about, you can avoid more pollen and other allergens in the air.
- Concealer and blush are your friends.
Tips from Carmen!
Carmen has quite a few tips, starting with how to Avoid Irritating a Red Nose. To minimzie the redness, use baby wipes instead of tissues, which are gentler on the skin.
- How to Relieve a Puffy Face: Try drinking watermelon juice. Watermelons are a high water content fruit and are an excellent source of antioxidants.
- How to Help Hydrate a Puffy Face: Eat more fruits and vegetables like cucumbers, celery and zucchini all of which have high water content. Citrus fruits and berries are also rich in vitamin C.
- How to Refresh Your ALLERGY FACE™: Place two metal spoons in the refrigerator and then place the back of the spoons on your eyelids for five minutes.
Visit YouTube.com/Zyrtec to view part one and part two of Carmen’s ALLERGY FACE™ video series. Stay tuned for the release of part three, which will be distributed later this summer. In the meantime, be sure to follow Carmen on Twitter at @VivaFashion and check out her blog www.VivaFashionBlog.com for her latest ALLERGY FACE™ tips and tricks.
For product savings and rewards to help you feel better, visit Zyrtec.com and Facebook.com/ZYRTEC.
I think these are amazing tips and definitely will help you say good-bye to your #ALLERGYFACE, no one likes feeling sick but, looking sick makes it that much more unpleasant.
Do you suffer from allergies, if so, what tips and tricks do you use to fight “allergy face”?
Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela and partner and best friend to Darasak. Having worked as part of a health care team for almost a decade, Nancy is happy to be back to her passion. She is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.