Super Easy Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Fall is in the air and you if are anything like me, fall time is pumpkin spice everything time. Once I feel the crisp chilly air, see the leaves starting to change, I am totally in fall mode. For me, there is nothing quite like enjoying warmly baked pumpkin spice donuts with a flavourful cup of apple cider, am I right?
The best part is that they are incredibly easy to make. If you’re a pumpkin spice lover, you’re going to absolutely LOVE these donuts.
When it comes to donuts, we are connoisseurs. While we can go gaga over a maple bacon donut, there’s something truly special about the simplicity about this pumpkin spice donut. It’s sweet and flavourful. You don’t need a fancy donut maker either, you can just use a simple donut pan. After you’ve baked these donuts, you dip them in butter and then you sugar them!
After you’ve cooled them on your cooling tray. Make sure to only coat the donuts if you’re going to enjoy them right away. If not, you can hold off coating them until you are ready to eat them. I don’t know if you’ll get around to coating them later because I guarantee you’ll love them! There may be none left.
Pumpkin Spice Everything!
There you have it! Now that you have added this delicious baked pumpkin spice donut recipe to your arsenal, you’re ready to rock.
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- 1 3/4 cup cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease donut pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin sin a small bowl.
- Combine oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin and milk in a large bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don't overwork the batter.
- Pour batter into a large Ziploc bag and snip a small corner off one end. Squeeze batter into donut pan forms.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Put onto a wire rack to cool.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Dip the donuts into the melted butter.
- Put donuts into a bowl with cinnamon-sugar and toss and turn to coat completely.
- Serve Immediately.
- If are not serving immediately, hold off on doing the sugar coating until you are ready to eat.
Spice It Up!
If you’re in the fall mood, you might want to try to make this easy Thanksgiving dinner for under $50. Also, you may want to brush up on your cooking skills and check out these tips to make the perfect turkey.
If you need me, I’ll be making another batch of these and preparing for the holidays. Even if I am just planning, it’s that time of year already!
Do you love pumpkin spice anything?
Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist and editor of lifestyle blog Whispered Inspirations. A social media junkie, a travel-lover with insatiable wanderlust and an aficionado for fun gadgets, good eats, and entertainment. You can find her on Instagram and everywhere else under @WhispersInspire.