Enjoy a Guilt-Free Holiday with This Hazelnut Protein Iced Mocha
It’s that time of year for tree-trimming, gift-giving, and gathering with loved ones.
During the holidays, you enjoy each other’s company, you eat, drink, and be merry.
While it’s perfectly expected to indulge a little bit, it is possible to stay on track while enjoying all the things.
For me, I’ll graze the charcuterie board, enjoy mashed potatoes and stuffing but, load up on veggies and lean turkey.
When we bake our Christmas desserts and cookies, I swap the sugar for an alternative.
The kids are none the wiser, I’m happy and can partake too.
Enjoy the little things
For the adults, I’ll create mocktails or cocktails made with sugar-free options. Even the kids can get in on the fun and not feel left out.
Honestly, I like having options at our dinner parties that can be enjoyed by all. I think it’s always thoughtful when hosts think about all their guests. That’s why I make it a point to have something for everyone.
The truth is, you can make any recipe sugar-free and it will taste amazing. In fact, it is an easy way to enjoy familiar and favorite flavors without the guilt.
That’s why you’ll always find Torani in my pantry.
It’s made with simple and thoughtfully sourced ingredients. It mixes well and brings out the best in every drink.
Seriously, every morning I add a little shot of goodness and add a Torani spoonful to my morning coffee.
You can add it to your lattes, hot cocoa, and more. Plus, one flavor has endless possibilities.
Hazelnut Protein Iced Mocha for everyone
This year, I am making something that will satisfy every sweet tooth.
A Hazelnut Protein Iced Mocha made with Torani Sugar-Free Classic Hazelnut Syrup.
It has the familiar and festive taste of hazelnut, a boost of caffeine to get you through the festivities, shaved dark chocolate for antioxidants and 30 grams of protein to stay on track with your health goals.
Plus, who doesn’t love whipped cream?
You can even get a whipped cream that’s sugar-free. Be sure to pick it up at a Walmart near you, as well as the Torani Sugar-Free Classic Hazelnut Syrup to make this.
kick back and have fun
It can be difficult to stay on track this time of year but, I figured if we create a delicious and festive drink that everyone can enjoy without an ounce of guilt–we’re already winning!
After all, it’s all about enjoying time with loved ones, having laughs, and living your best life.
Read on for the step-by-step directions so you can indulge guilt-free this holiday season.
Things you will need:
- 2 tbsp of Torani Sugar-Free Classic Hazelnut Syrup
- 1 cup of chilled coffee
- 1 cup of your favorite protein (I use a prepared chocolate protein shake that has 30 grams of protein, low-fat, and low sugar) or 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder
- 1 cup of chocolate almond milk* (if you choose not to use a protein shake or powder)
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 dark chocolate bar for garnishing (I used 70% dark chocolate)
- sugar-free whipped cream (to taste)
- striped paper straws
- mason jar tall glasses
- natural jute twine for decoration
- large knife
- cutting board
*Use chocolate almond milk only if you are opting out of using a protein shake. You can use oat milk or cashew milk as well.
Decide how you want to serve it
The best part of this drink is that it can be served in multiple ways. You can either serve it hot, chilled, with ice or blended.
This drink recipe is to make 2 drinks at a time, double the recipe if you’d like to make 4.
Remove chocolate bar from package and place face down onto a cutting board. Use a large kitchen knife and place it on a 45-degree angle on the surface of the chocolate.
Apply some pressure and slide the knife towards you. This will make shavings and curls for garnishing.
Take 1 cup of ice, 1 cup of chilled coffee, 1 cup of chocolate protein shake, 2 tablespoons of Torani Sugar-Free Classic Hazelnut Syrup, and blend until completely combined.
Top it and serve
Add as little or as much sugar-free whipped cream as you’d like and top it with some shaved dark chocolate. Now sit back, dance, vibe, chill–and enjoy!
Hazelnut Protein Iced Mocha
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Knife
- Glasses for Serving
- 2 tbsp Torani Sugar-Free Classic Hazelnut Syrup
- 1 cup chilled coffee
- 1 cup
of your favorite protein shake (I use a prepared chocolate protein shake that has 30 grams of protein, low-fat, and low sugar) or 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk* (if you choose not to use a protein shake or powder)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 bar dark chocolate bar for garnishing I used an organic 70% dark chocolate bar
- sugar-free whipped cream (to taste)
- Remove chocolate bar from package and place face down onto a cutting board. Use a large kitchen knife and place it on a 45-degree angle on the surface of the chocolate.
- Apply some pressure and slide the knife towards you. This will make shavings and curls for garnishing.
- Take 1 cup of ice, 1 cup of chilled coffee, 1 cup of chocolate protein shake, 2 tablespoons of Torani Sugar-Free Classic Hazelnut Syrup, and blend until completely combined.
- Add as little or as much sugar-free whipped cream as you'd like and top it with some shaved dark chocolate. Now sit back, dance, vibe, chill–and enjoy!
Make it this holiday
It really doesn’t get easier than this. It’s simple yet, incredibly delicious. Plus, while you’re enjoying everything that the holidays bring, you can feel guilt-free when you enjoy this drink.
If you do make it, don’t forget to tag me and use #AGuiltFreeHoliday and #Torani! I’d love to see those drinks.
Find Torani Sugar Free Syrups at a Walmart near you in the coffee & tea aisle. In fact, Walmart is a one-stop-shop and you can get everything you need for this drink there.
You May Also Like:
- Celebrate Special Moments with Coffee Tres Leches Cake
- Blueberry Bacon Bread Pudding
- Christmas Cocktails You Can Try at Home
- 6 Tips to Get You Into the Christmas Spirit
While you’re there, grab some extra gift cards and chocolates for any unexpected guests.
You can thank me later!
Have you ever tried a hazelnut protein iced mocha?
Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!
PIN FOR LATER:
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela, and wife to Darasak. They all share her insatiable wanderlust, enjoyment of good food, and sharing their adventures with the world. Nancy is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.