These Neapolitan Ice Cream Muffins are soft, sweet, and delicious. A sweet homage to the classic Neapolitan ice cream treat. Vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate—yum!
Neapolitan Ice Cream Muffins
Growing up, Neapolitan ice cream was my jam. Truth be told, I think my parents bought it because the variety and we were all happy with at least one flavor!
I liked them all and to this day, I have such fond memories of it.
To pay homage, I decided to make these delicious and incredibly easy Neapolitan Ice Cream Muffins! Super simple and delicious, you’ll love them!
Things You Will Need:
- Standard muffin tin
- Muffin liners (12)
- Food processor or blender
- Large bowl (2)
- Small bowls (3)
- Piping bags or sandwich bags (3)
Neapolitan Ice Cream is a classic treat. These muffins have strawberry, chocolate and vanilla and pair perfectly with a glass of milk. Not only are they soft, tasty, but they're also just the right amount of sweet. These are great if you don't like super sweet muffins!
- 1 ½ cup flour, spooned and leveled
- ½ cup old fashion oats
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 ½ cup vanilla ice cream, melted but not hot
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Ready a muffin tin with liners or grease.
- In a food processor or blender, add oats and blend until a flour.
- In a large bowl, sift together the oat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ice cream, butter, and egg and mix together.
- Add the flour mixture to the ice cream mixture and mix until just combined.
- Separate batter equally into 3 separate bowls.
- In one of the bowls mix in the cocoa powder, in the second mix in the jam, and in the third mix in the vanilla.
- Add each of the batter colors into a piping bag or sandwich bag, and pipe into muffin tins simultaneously.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool outside of the tin.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
These values vary and are an estimate.
Switch Them Up
Remember how I mentioned that Neapolitan ice cream worked for us because it provided variety? The magic about these muffins is that you can have all three flavours or you can skip one and double up on another.
Can You Store Them?
To store these muffins, line an airtight container with paper towel. Place them one layer and top them with a paper towel. This is to keep them nice and soft but, not soggy.
You May Also Like:
- Blueberry Pancake Muffins
- The Perfect Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- No Sugar Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe
- Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
Can You Freeze Them?
Muffins are the perfect treat to freeze. You just place them in a single layer inside resealable bags. Try to get as much air as you can from them.
Put them inside another resealable bag to avoid freezer burn and label them with the current date. You can keep them frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost them at room temperature and enjoy!
Hopefully, you’ll love these muffins!
Did you love Neapolitan ice cream growing up?
Let me know, til then—cheers m’deres!
PIN FOR LATER:
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela, and wife to Darasak. They all share her insatiable wanderlust, enjoyment of good food, and sharing their adventures with the world. Nancy is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.