A Beginner’s Guide: Blogging Conference Tips
Blogging Conference Tips.
It’s only normal to have a very long list of “Things to Do” before you attend your first conference. I’ve attended quite a few blogging conferences in the last few years. It’s a great experience for bloggers who are just starting out to learn the craft and a great place for intermediate and veteran bloggers to network with peers and brands.
Conference ‘To Do’ List:
- Business cards: Definitely a necessity, especially when you are networking with fellow bloggers and brands.
- Time to bust out all your gadgets: Bring your laptop, smartphone, camera etc. FULLY CHARGED!
- Don’t forget to bring your plugs to charge them too!
- Make sure you have your camera fully charged and enough memory on your cards. Pics add up quickly!
- Kick it Old School: Bring a pad of paper and pens, lots and lots–just in case one dies out you have extra.
- A list of questions if you have them.
- Dress comfortably and avoid fabrics that will wrinkle. You will be sitting for long periods of time and last thing you want is to stand up and have lines all over!
- Cute and comfy shoes are best! I think I am going to wait until the evening to bust out the heels.
- Bring a sweater. It can get a tad chilly in those conference rooms. A thin one that you can even toss in your shoulder bag would work great!
- If you wear contacts, stow away case and bring your glasses in your bag!
- Heave, Ho!– Bring a large shoulder bag to put your swag in!
- Remember you will be online while you are there, take notes as you go.
- Keep up with the conference hash, update your status too.
- If you will be taking quotes or interviewing a speaker, make sure you take down the quote properly and correctly. Last thing you want is to misquote someone and have it spread around.
- Make sure to back-up your laptop before you leave for the conference. Just in case you may lose any information or damage your pc on route.
- Make sure your netbook or laptop is up to date. This avoids doing it AT the conference.
- Take another peek at your agenda, get to know the speakers, visit their websites
- Spend time with your family before you go, I know I’ll be with my girls as much as I can! And don’t forget to Skype!
Preparation, Lightheartedness & Fun!
These are just but a few things to do to prepare for a conference. It’s always a learning experience and what may work for one may not work for you. One of the best part of attending a conference is learning and taking in as much information as you can! Not to mention meeting so many fabulous women and networking IRL!
The universal thought was to have fun, learn, network and most of all be you!
What are your tips for the upcoming conferences? Concerns?
Let me know, til then, cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela. Having worked as part of a health care team for almost a decade, Nancy is happy to be back to her passion. She is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.
great post girl, looks like you covered it all
Thanks love, see you very soon! 6 days…. WOOT.
Thanks for this! I will be a noob too at both SCCTO and Blissdom Canada! Just look for the Prairie Girl who looks like a deer in headlights!! Can't wait to meet you!
No problem, I'm very excited to meet you too. I guess we will both be easy to find because I will be like a deer in the headlights too, except in a very short and fun-sized form! 😛 LOL. See you soon and at BOTH of the conferences! EEEEK! So excited!
Great post – reading these makes me feel less nervous. Cant wait to meet everyone!!
Thanks,good info to know if you need it !