Have you ever wanted to visit a real-life castle? Well, don’t wish anymore and come on down to Toronto. Casa Loma is nestled in the heart of the city. Experience the elegance and splendour of the Edwardian era at Casa Loma, the only landmark castle in North America and Toronto’s premier historic attraction.
You can walk through secret passages and tunnels. Tour the stables with an exhibition of vintage cars from the 1900s and take in a spectacular city view from the unique towers. The gardens are to die for during May through October. With our CityPASS for Toronto, we were in.
A Time’s Past.
Looking at Sir Pellatt’s office and walking through his secret passages was amazing. Even the halls were magnificent and opulent. My thoughts immediately pondered on what it must have felt like to live at Casa Loma all those years ago. I’m not going to lie, I imagined a Canadian version of Downton Abbey.
These Are Rooms?
Oh my goodness, these rooms are more like apartments. It was interesting to see that the married couple lived in different dormitories and you can see the differences in decor. I don’t know about you but, I would take any of these rooms!
Things You Can See:
- Step back in time — experience the elegance and splendor of a true medieval style castle.
- Enjoy 5 acres of beautifully maintained gardens from May through October.
- Explore the decorated suites, secret passages, an 800-foot tunnel, towers, and stables.
- The Story of Sir Henry Pellatt film presentation follows the arc of this amazing man’s life.
Learning New Things.
The girls were blown away by how things have changed and evolved over time. For example, take a look at this shower and the showers we own and use today. It was nice to see them explore the historical collections in the upper floors and then make the trek up to the towers of Casa Loma. Mimi couldn’t believe that was a washroom and that the towers went up so high!
A Sir or Lady for A Day.
Casa Loma is a fun experience for all ages. We all enjoyed it and it was nice to be able to spread out and tour the house on our own. Make sure you get your CityPASS booklet to save cash and enjoy a day in Toronto’s landmark castle!
- Arrive before 11:30am when it’s less crowded.
- Don’t miss the Hollywood film posters from films shot at the castle, located on the lower level, or the antique cars located in the stables.
- Your CityPASS ticket includes fixed charges for an audio guide and the Pellatt documentary film.
- Enjoy Casa Loma gardens from May to October.
- Get a 10% discount at the Gift Shop; see coupon in booklet for details.
Check Out Our CityPASS Adventure.
The CityPASS booklet covers the CN Tower and Tower Experience, Casa Loma, the Toronto Zoo, The Ontario Science Centre and the Royal Ontario Museum. 40% off in savings, you simply cannot go wrong. Check out how we enjoyed the CN Tower at night and our wild adventure at the Toronto Zoo.
Have you ever been to a castle?
Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist and editor of lifestyle blog Whispered Inspirations. A social media junkie, a travel-lover with insatiable wanderlust and an aficionado for fun gadgets, good eats, and entertainment. You can find her on Instagram and everywhere else under @WhispersInspire.