Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Drizzled White Chocolate.
I don’t know about you but, chocolate is kind of my vice. It’s something that I would choose to eat all the time if I could. So, of course, when it’s in cookie form–it is no different. This recipe calls for soft, chewy and delicious chocolate fudge and it’s topped off and drizzled with white chocolate. The perfect balance, no?
If you like cookies that are chewy and not crispy, well, look no further. I also don’t discriminate when it comes to chocolate, so two kinds of chocolate in one tasty treat? I am in, are you? No need to scour Google for the perfect chocolate fudge cookies because you found them!
Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Drizzled White Chocolate
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fat free buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup dark dutch process cocoa
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules or espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for about a minute. Slowly pour in the buttermilk and mix.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, instant coffee granules, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Scoop the dough out using a tablespoon and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies cool melt the shortening over medium heat in a small saucepan. Whisk in the white chocolate chips. Keep stirring until the mixture is soupy and smooth and then remove from the heat.
- Drizzle white chocolate over the cookies.
The Holidays Fast Approach.
Whether you are the type of person like me who uses any excuse to bake a treat (just because we love to bake) or you’re a person who saves delicious treats for a special occasion. This recipe is perfect for both! Let’s face it, the holidays and comfort foods are synonymous. I think these would be just the thing for that staff party where you need to bring something. Just sprinkle it with some sugars snowflakes and you’re good to go!
I know what I will be making these for! They make the perfect homemade gift for your friends and neighbours. Plus, you really can’t go wrong on any given night with a tall glass of milk. Am I right? If you want a vegan version, try these vegan cookies.
Are you a cookie fan?
Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist and editor of lifestyle blog Whispered Inspirations. A social media junkie, a travel-lover with insatiable wanderlust and an aficionado for fun gadgets, good eats, and entertainment. You can find her on Instagram and everywhere else under @WhispersInspire.