Ten Tips for Traveling Smart with Your Smartphone.
The Polar Vortex has hit us hard and our winter has been harsher than ever. With March Break coming up, what better time to pack your suitcases and head down South to get away from the bitter cold.
Simply because there is nothing like warm temperatures, white sands and clear blue waters to help you forget the snow, ice and sleet. In no time, you’ll sipping on Margaritas and soaking poolside or by the ocean, snapping landscape pictures and selfies and that only means–you have to share them!
That means you have to stay connected and unless you want to swallow a hefty bill when you get home, you gotta play it SMART. Pictured above is an infographic to help you travel smart with you smartphone.
Top 5 Tips To Travel Smart:
- Don’t forget your phone charger: Take two just in case and double check if you need an outlet converter if you’re travelling overseas.
- Load up on travel apps: There’s nothing like a great travel app to help you get around your destination, find local restaurant reviews and more. Try Google Maps, AroundMe and Yelp.
- Tap into WiFi: Most hotels offer free WiFi and it’s a great way to save on data roaming costs.
- Buy a travel pass before you leave: TELUS travel passes provide a savings of 50 to 90 per cent off regular pay-per-use rates, including US, Mexico, Caribbean and Cuba travel passes.
- Track your roaming data usage: Travel Tracker is a convenient web portal accessible via the smartphone’s web browser to help TELUS customers manage their data usage and costs in real-time while travelling. Visit t.telusroam.com on any TELUS 4G device while outside Canada.
These are some amazing tips, I for one always have my phone password-protected, always pack my charger and most definitely always prepare by purchasing a travel pass to stay connected too. Not to mention, I take advantage of all the WiFi spots I can get access to.
For more information on TELUS’ travel passes, Travel Tracker, device unlocking, device protection plans and other handy tips included in their Top 10 list, visit www.telus.com/travel.
Are you heading South this March Break, if so–are you ready?
Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela, and wife to Darasak. Having worked as part of a health care team for almost a decade, Nancy is happy to be back to her passion. She is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.