20 Things I Am Thankful For
This year has been quite a ride for all of us. Massive changes swept us up because of the pandemic.
Despite that, the positive side of me still dwells on various things I am grateful for this year. I decided to share the 20 things I am grateful for this 2020.
- I am thankful for my family. And it’s not just blood ties but the deep bonds we have with each other.
- I am thankful for friends. They are not just friends, they are extended family.
- I am thankful for pets who are in my heart. Mavi, Linc, and our adorable bunny, Nori— all full of cuteness.
- I am thankful for health professionals. The frontliners and the medical researchers are our heroes.
- I am thankful for teachers. They are our children’s second parents in a way, molding our kids to grow.
- I am thankful for technology and connectivity. We can still connect with various people despite the distance thanks to technology. We get to have food delivered online, shop clothes online, watch various content online, and more.
- I am thankful for food. The availability of a basic need and now flourishing than ever thanks to various creative food enthusiasts. We get to eat in their restaurants or remake their creations at home. If you’re looking for some inspo, check out our recipes.
- I am thankful for health. In life, health is wealth, especially during these times, I am grateful my family and I are healthy and safe.
- I am thankful for our home. A basic need and I am blessed to live in my dream home.
- I am thankful for opportunities. I am deeply grateful for my past and present clients and partners.
- I am thankful for supporters. Of course, I cherish my lovely followers and supporters.
- I am thankful for celebrations. We get to further rejoice and commemorate life moments safely.
- I am thankful for scented candles. I just had to insert that here. They’re so relaxing and delightful. If you know me, you know I love them.
- I am thankful for fitness centers. Various equipment available for us to use rather than buying and taking up space in our home. And of course, the coaches aiding us with our questions and dilemmas.
- I am thankful for the gift of travel. We get to experience a lot of things, making life more exciting. I miss it dearly but, slowly, we will get back to it.
- I am thankful for entertainment. Aside from entertaining me, it keeps my kids busy, too, so I can focus on other responsibilities.
- I am thankful for cleaning equipment. Surely, all moms can relate. It isn’t easy to keep everything spic and span all the time by just ourselves.
- I am thankful for myself. As part of self-care, appreciating one’s self is often not looked into but definitely a healthy must.
- I am thankful for whisperedinspirations.com. My site allows me to express my thoughts and also bits of my life.
- I am thankful for my life. I wouldn’t trade it for anyone else’s for I am happy and content.
I know these times are difficult, and I know that many are going through challenging times. To quote the one of a kind, Betty White, “if you focus on the negatives, you spoil all the good stuff, and it goes by, and it’s gone, and you haven’t tasted it.”
How about you? What are you thankful for?
Let me know, til then—cheers m’deres!
To give thanks, Plain Los Angeles, the sponsor for this post, is having an easy social media contest, allowing one lucky winner to receive any item available on their website. Check it out now.
PIN FOR LATER:
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela, and wife to Darasak. They all share her insatiable wanderlust, enjoyment of good food, and sharing their adventures with the world. Nancy is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.