Brita Bottle Water Filtration System
If you aren’t familiar with Brita’s bottle filtration system, I’m sure you either own or have heard of their other filtration systems, like their pitchers, dispensers and faucet mounts.
What I find that is so innovative and genius about Brita is that they’ve allowed you to take that same filtrating for GOOD with you wherever you may go.
This means that you can have better tap water wherever you go and LESS waste and cost because it eliminates the need to purchase bottled water when you are on the go.
I was super stoked that Brita sent over the NEW Brita Bottle and the NEW Kids Bottle for me to try out. As pictured above, you can see that Gabs loved it too!
I think the design is very unisex as both boys and girls play sports. She’s a soccer player and as soon as she got it, she was over the moon. She has been using it when she plays outside and will be using it next soccer season.
Thinking of Going Green?
- A Brita® pitcher system filters 908 litres of water over one year. To put this in perspective, to get the same amount of water from bottled water you would have to purchase 1,816 (500 mL) water bottles a year.
- Despite the cost, most recent stats reveal that 30 percent of all Canadian households primarily drink bottled water.
- Hydration at its best – carry the water you need and reduce your impact on the environment – one reusable FilterForGood bottle can last for decades, making it easy to stop buying single-serve bottled water to fulfill your everyday hydration needs.
Making Small Changes
In our home, we have a filter right in our sink. We do not buy bottled water at all. That is unless we are in dire situations. With the Brita bottles, it’s no longer a problem.
You simply find a water fountain, a sink or anywhere with running tap water. Fill your bottle and you are good to go. This attached filter does the job and in seconds, you will be drinking great tasting, filtered water.
I find that after being so used to drinking filtered water, you can really taste the difference between tap water and Brita. People have a misconception that bottled water tastes better but, it’s actually not.
Why go GREEN?
- It takes an estimated three litres of water to produce one litre of bottled water.
- Worldwide, an estimated 2.4 million metric tonnes of plastic are used to bottle water each year.
- One Brita® pitcher filter can effectively replace as many as 300 standard (500 mL) bottles. So you can get great-tasting water without so much waste.
We took the pledge
I love my bottle because when I work, I absolutely NEED water. It’s a pretty active job where you are constantly moving. Unfortunately, they do not provide filtered water for employees. So, having this Brita bottle is a godsend because I can just use the tap water there.
I will be purchasing another Brita Kids bottle and a regular Brita Bottle for our upcoming day trips and vacations. This will save us tons and I can rest assured that I am making a small difference in the world.
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela, and wife to Darasak. Having worked as part of a health care team for almost a decade, Nancy is happy to be back to her passion. She is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.