Too much of a good thing?
Well, with March break and having both girls home, it’s been quite exciting!
As much as I’ve wanted to stick to a strict diet, we’ve dined out more than I’d like and mind you–it’s been the better options.
Then with Gabriella’s birthday kicking off March Break, that was pure overindulgence for everyone.
Either way, I always go back on the saying that everything is okay in moderation.
I do avoid a lot of foods because of the ingredients but, sometimes it’s very easy to overindulge in good foods too.
This week we took the girls to our local sugar bush and we were able to see the process of making maple sugar, syrup and cream. We also took the girls to watch Disney on Ice and our weekly shopping trips.
These outings, of course, were all day events in which we were out of the house all day long. Which leaves cooking your meals nearly impossible and sticking to a diet a bit harder.
Though, not impossible.
Cooking at home has been pretty good, I do make the occasional favorites but in healthier versions. We’ve also have had pizza delivered but, it’s always whole wheat with chicken, mushrooms, and cheese.
Which is always yummy!
So, how do you stick to a diet while not home?
- Pack portable and wholesome snacks. We pack almonds, pistachios or organic cinnamon sticks for the girls.
- We also brought along organic Honest Kids juice packs which came in extra handy when the girls were thirsty and the only thing available was soda.
- Never leave home without a reusable BPA-free bottle with lots of H20!
- Fruits are always a good snack to pack too. Our favorites: Nectarines, grapes, apples, and bananas.
- If you have to eat out, opt for the better options. We tend to stick to sandwich shops or our favorite–Chipotle’s.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day to flush everything out.
Now that March Break is almost over, I plan to hit it really hard. Be really strict and a little less lax on my diet. I’m a picky eater! My progress hasn’t come as fast as I thought it would. I know if I don’t really buckle down, it won’t. Because of this, I have maintained my same weight since my last weigh-in.
This goes back to say that being strict is a good thing but, there are those moments in life when it’s okay to indulge and share great times together.
Everything in moderation.
How was your week, how do you stay healthy when not at home?
Let me know!
Til then, cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist and editor of lifestyle blog Whispered Inspirations. A social media junkie, a travel-lover with insatiable wanderlust and an aficionado for fun gadgets, good eats, and entertainment. You can find her on Instagram and everywhere else under @WhispersInspire.