So, it’s been a week since our first #FitNFirm post!
I hope you all had a great week! I sure did, I made it through a week of clean eating, lots of water and guess what?
I’ve cut out one less pop everyday. I was drinking about 2 with my main meals and sometimes I’d start my day off with one. I’ve substituted it with water and so far, so good. I thought I’d be moodier with cutting back but, it hasn’t been bad.
You know one of the things about changing your life to a cleaner way of eating is the misconceptions that all healthy food has to taste bad. The reality is, I still enjoy a burger and fries. French toast, grilled cheese and all healthy, low-cal and clean. Also, while watching my carb intake.
Baking. Grilling and making better choices.
You can enjoy good food and still be healthy.
This week, I worked hard, sat less and it paid off.
I’m happy to report that I am down 2.5 pounds!
I hope you guys had a great week!
If you are having a feening for French Fries, I’m going to share a recipe that is fairly easy and healthy too.
Hubby D’s Spicy Wedges:
Things You Will Need:
- 1 medium organic potato
- 1 teaspoon of organic olive oil or butter (I use olive oil always)
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Chili peppers
- Watch your medium potato thoroughly and leave the peel on. Cut the potato in half, then cut the half into 4 or 5 pieces. You will end up with about 10 to 8 pieces.
- Rinse the wedges and drain throughly, add the teaspoon of organic olive oil and spice to taste.
- Take a pair of tongs and mix and toss the wedges until they are fully covered in the spices.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and take a non-stick pan and place the wedges on one side and place in the center of the oven.
- Make sure to use tongs to turn the wedges and cook until desired.
I love mine well done and crispy as you can tell and I’ve dubbed them Hubby D’s wedges because he makes them for me pretty often once and they are delicious. Of course you can always make more for the kiddies, they love them as much as I do. Except I skip the spiciness.
- Serves 1.
- Calories: Approx. 170
- 1 starch/carb serving.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20-30 minutes
So, if you are feeling a burger and fries. Partner these wedges with a ground chicken burger or some mulitigrain breaded tilapia, like me!
If you are watching your carbs, be sure to eat light, get your protein and veggies in.
Good luck and hope you all have another fabulous week, how did you do?
Let me know!
Do you like this recipe?
Til then, cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela, and wife to Darasak. Having worked as part of a health care team for almost a decade, Nancy is happy to be back to her passion. She is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.