One-Pan Parmesan Garlic Chicken
It’s one of the many meals that our family prepares together during the week. Darasak and I love to cook and when we prepare our meals, we love to get the girls involved. It gives us a chance to teach our girls not only a life skill but about living a healthier lifestyle. Zehrs is asking all Canadians to take the pledge to raise a food lover and get cooking in the kitchen!
Raise a Food Lover
One of our family routines is to eat dinner together every night. It helps us to connect and catch up on what happened throughout our day. We make sure to cook together at least once a week too. We try new recipes and make sure to include the kids in the planning, prep, and execution! If you’re looking for a way to spend a little more time with your family, take Zehrs’ pledge to ‘Raise a Food Lover’. It can give you the extra inspiration to plan out a meal, then the rest is easy.
How do you take this month’s pledge?
It’s super easy! All you have to do is fill out their ‘Raise a Food Lover‘ form. Once you do, you get in the kitchen with your family and cook a meal. Since you’ve created a masterpiece, it’s your duty to share it with the world, right?
Snap a picture of your dish and share your meal creation on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #RaiseAFoodLover! When you do, you’re entered to win some pretty amazing prizes like 10,000 PC Optimum points or a chance to attend WE Family Day in Toronto this fall!
Easy and Delicious Meals
Our evenings are usually busy, especially now that back to school is here. Meals have to be easy. It doesn’t get easier than preparing a one-pan chicken dinner that is ready in no time. We started by prepping. Mimi helped with the green beans and Gabby helped with the potatoes.
We seasoned the chicken in a separate bowl and then lined a pan with tinfoil for easy cleanup. Our plan was to cook a lean meat, vegetable, and potatoes. Something wholesome and that hits the spot every time. Depending on how much time you have, you can choose to marinate the chicken overnight. Otherwise, you can marinate it for 1-2 hours or in a pinch for 20 minutes. We always add amino acids for umami and make sure all of the meat is covered in spices well.
After we marinated the chicken, cut the potatoes and green beans, we laid them flat on the lined pan. We drizzled them with extra virgin olive oil, our house blend of spices, and parmesan cheese. Our house blend consists of garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, paprika, chili powder, pink Himalayan, and salt and pepper.
Then we smothered the top of the chicken with lots of minced garlic. This is completely based on preference. Use as little or as much as you want. As you can see, we are garlic lovers! Read on below for the full recipe.
Try this delicious and easy one-pan chicken dinner for any night of the week. Wholesome with a lean piece of flavourful chicken breast, parmesan crusted green beans and crispy and soft potatoes. This meal is always a home run.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 bag ruby little gems potatoes
- 1 bag fresh green beans
- 1 small jar minced garlic, to taste
- 1 canister parmesan cheese, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil, drizzled to taste
- 2 tbsp Bragg's amino acids
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Line sheet pan with tinfoil.
- Pre-heat oven at 350.
- Trim the tips off the green beans.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Marinate chicken with "house blend" of spices. Spritz the chicken with Bragg's amino acids and combine until all chicken breasts are covered. You can do this overnight, 1-2 hours, or if pressed for time, 20 minutes.
- Place green beans on the left side of the pan and flatten.
- Place potatoes on the right side of the pan and flatten.
- Next, place the chicken breasts in the center of the pan.
- Drizzle olive oil on veggies and chicken.
- Sprinkle green beans and potatoes with house blend of spices. Lightly mix veggies with your hands until they are coated.
- Add minced garlic to the top of the chicken breasts. Use as much or as little as you'd like. We used TONS because we love garlic but, add garlic to taste.
- Top chicken breasts with parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle veggies and potatoes with parmesan cheese.
- Place sheet pan into oven and cook for about 30-35 minutes or until veggies are crispy and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy.
Watch the Step by Step
The girls always have a good time cooking. The best part, though, is enjoying and eating the meal afterward. It makes all your hard work worth it, doesn’t it?
Now it is your turn to take the pledge and get cookin’ in the kitchen. Get your kids involved and try out a new recipe like our one-pan parmesan garlic chicken dinner. You can always whip up an old favourite too. When you do, don’t forget to share so you can win!
What is your favourite recipe to make with your family?
Let me know, til then–cheers m’deres!
PIN FOR LATER:
Note: This post is sponsored by Zehrs. All thoughts and opinions are honest and my own.
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela. Having worked as part of a health care team for almost a decade, Nancy is happy to be back to her passion. She is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.