Baby’s First Organic Birthday Cake Recipe.
We spend the entire first year of our baby’s life doing what we think is best for them nutritionally.
Definitely, one thing we do is to make sure they take vitamin supplements if they need them. Maybe we choose to breastfeed or we provide formula for nourishment. When the time comes we make organic baby food so that they have clean food in their bodies.
Whatever options you choose, there are plenty, you can be sure you always have their best interests at heart. Why should baby’s first taste of cake be any different?
Considering they are still so itty bitty?
The whole “organic” and “natural” thing may be a bunch of mumbo jumbo to most people, my family included. I drive them nuts with it. Slowly, they are starting to understand why it’s a concern for me.
I say don’t deprive children because after all, they ARE children. Just live life with the motto of 80/20.
And if it’s still mumbo jumbo, I’ve been told that we survived just fine beforehand so, it’s entirely up to you! These recipes are just as good if you decide to not make it organic and much cheaper too!
Well, in March of 2011, Mimi turned 1 years-old! I made her an organic yellow banana cake! Some of you have asked for it and some of you lovely folks may have found this through good ole Google… If you’re looking for Baby’s First Organic Birthday Cake recipe–here it is!
Baby's First Organic Birthday Cake Recipe
- 3 cups of organic flour
- 1 cup of organic softened butter
- 1 organic banana
- 2 organic/natural/free-range eggs I prefer Eggland's Best (If your child has a sensitivity to eggs, skip the eggwhites)
- 1 2/3 cups of organic white sugar or Stevia
- 2 teaspoons of aluminum free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups of organic milk of your choice
- 1 cup of organic vanilla/banana pudding
- 1/3 cup of organic olive oil
- 1 large bowl for wet mixture
- 1 smaller bowl for dry mixture
- Preheat oven at least for a half hour on 350.
- Use organic butter or spray to line your pan.
- Soften the butter then mix the butter, vanilla and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs whites to the butter, olive oil, vanilla and sugar mixture.
- Add milk to wet mixture, mix well.
- On a separate plate, mash banana with fork until desired chunkiness. I prefer it really thin so I mash it until there are no lumps.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Which is flour and baking powder.
- Alternate folding in the dry mixture into butter/sugar mixture until it is completely mixed into a whole batter.
- Add mashed banana to the batter.
- Add a cup of organic vanilla or banana pudding to finished batter.
- Pour batter in desired pan and bake for 30-45 mins or until golden.
If you prefer a chocolate cake just add 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, skip the banana and substitute an organic chocolate pudding cup instead of vanilla.
Organic Cream Cheese Frosting
Delicious organic frosting for Baby's First Organic Birthday Cake.
- 1 tablespoon of organic butter
- 1 tablespoon of organic powdered sugar or Stevia or equivalent after conversion
- 1 tsp of pure organic vanilla extract
- 2 cups of softened organic cream cheese
- Any food coloring of your choice or you can use mashed strawberries or blueberries to add a bit of color and texture. OPTIONAL
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well until fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Decorate as desired.
- Piping is optional.
- Fondant shaped into a "1" was solely for display purposes.
Want to try it?
So there it is, I hope your little one enjoys it as much as Mimi enjoyed her first birthday! It’s delicious, simple and nutritious. Happy FIRST Birthday to your little one! Take a look around and check out these organic recipes, you may just want to give them a try!
Which flavour would you try?
Let me know, til then, cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist and editor of lifestyle blog Whispered Inspirations. A social media junkie, a travel-lover with insatiable wanderlust and an aficionado for fun gadgets, good eats, and entertainment. You can find her on Instagram and everywhere else under @WhispersInspire.