National Breakfast Day!
National Breakfast Day!
Breakfast is THE most important meal of the day!
The sooner you get your metabolism working in the morning the better it will function throughout the day!
This Thursday on March 8th is National Breakfast Day and Kellogg’s has partnered with Breakfast Clubs of Canada and Breakfast for Learning to launch the Share Your Breakfast program to encourage Canadians to help children who might otherwise go without.
Here are some facts and information on the Kellogg’s Share Your Breakfast movement!
Did you know?
- Studies show that breakfast can help kids boost their academic performance – improving behavior, reducing absences and tardiness and increasing focus and physical performance.
- In Canada – 1 in 10 children live in poverty and are at risk of starting their day on an empty stomach.
You Can Help Too!
As part of this movement, Canadians are invited to celebrate National Breakfast Day with us on Thursday, March 8. Throughout the day and across the country Kelloggs will be surprising Canadians with free mini-packs of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal. This is to raise awareness about our country’s hungry children.
In return, Kelloggs is donating to our National Breakfast Day charity partners. In essence, a bowl for you will equal a bowl for a hungry child.
There are a number of easy ways to get involved:
- Visit Kellogg’s website (www.kelloggs.ca/SYB) to view the breakfast video and share this important message with friends and family via social media
- Pick-up a specially marked box of Kellogg’s cereal in-store for a unique pin code to redeem for a free breakfast item and in return, Kellogg’s will make a donation to Breakfast Clubs of Canada and Breakfast for Learning
- Or visit the breakfast charities directly to make your own donation and find out more about the great work they’re doing to fight hunger in Canada. www.breakfastclubscanada.org or www.breakfastforlearning.ca
- Tweet your support using the hashtag #shareyourbreakfast
Let’s make breakfasts brighter for kids in need!
Til then, cheers m’deres!
Nancy Polanco is a freelance journalist, lifestyle content creator, and editor of Whispered Inspirations. She is a proud Mom to Gabby and Michaela. Having worked as part of a health care team for almost a decade, Nancy is happy to be back to her passion. She is a contributor to the Huffington Post, TODAY’s Parents, and an Oprah Magazine Brand Ambassador.
My teen has this at her highschool and said many kids depend on this for their daily meal
I had no idea it was national breakfast day this week, I'll be sure to help spread the word.
Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day! The more people we can get to spread the word the better! Thanks for sharing this! 😉